The Airshed Management Plan:
- Engages the City of Kamloops and its residents to address air quality, provides actions for maintenance of clean air and improvement where feasible, and positions the City as a leader of sustainability in the Thompson Region;
- Re-confirms our commitment to creating a model healthy city, a goal in the 2005 Kamloops Annual Report;
- Reflects the unique challenges of Kamloops, a growing community with increasing servicing needs;
- Requires the City of Kamloops to monitor successes and failures to ensure the City is meeting the expectations of the community; and
- Continues to build on the momentum created from the Sustainable Kamloops Plan.
Publication Date: 2012