An Agriculture Area Plan (AAP) intends to increase agricultural viability and create a stronger municipal support system for the industry. The goals and policies in the proposed AAP include:
- Strengthening the agricultural land;
- Promoting agriculture as a sustainable industry;
- Identifying appropriate uses of the various classifications of agricultural land;
- Providing direction to the City of Kamloops on farm/non-farm related issues and uses; and
- Increasing local food production in order to rely less on imported foods that can be grown in Kamloops and the surrounding region.
Publication Date: December 2013