The Energy Conservation Assistance Program (ECAP) is a collaborative FortisBC and BC Hydro program for income-qualified individuals and families in BC to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy costs.
You could receive a free home energy evaluation and free retrofits which include:
• LED light bulbs
• Efficient shower head
• Weather stripping
You could also be eligible for:
• An Energy Star refrigerator
• Attic, wall and/or crawlspace insulation
• A high-efficiency furnace or furnace rebate
1. Be a BC Hydro customer
2. Live in a detached house, duplex, or townhouse
3. Have a combined household income* that does not exceed the income amounts listed here:
|Household Size||Maximum Household Income|
|7 or more persons||$90,900|
*Combined household income refers to the combined income of all people living in the home who are over the age of 18.
Note: Both home owners and renters are eligible (a landlord consent form is required).
How to apply:
Call 1-800-224-9376 or visit the FortisBC ECAP website. Use promo code KAMECAP21 when applying. An ECAP program representative will determine which energy-efficiency upgrades your home is eligible for.