For the next 6 link headings, use the JAWS curser when over each link and this will provide access to a list of links under each one. To access the individual links use the right mouse button on the number pad

Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services » Social & Community Development

Affordable Recreation for Community Health

Who Qualifies?

You may qualify for ARCH if you are a permanent resident of the City of Kamloops and meet one of the options below:

A. Receive Income Assistance from the Ministry of Social Development.

B. Have an annual income in the previous/current year (depending on when applying) that is below the Statistics Canada Low Income Guidelines.

C. Receive a Canadian Pension or Long-term Disability that is below the Low Income Guidelines as outlined in the application form.

Number in household 1 2 3 4
Household income 18,976 23,623 29,041 35,261
Number in household 5 6 7 or more 
Household income 39,992 45,105 50,218

NEW! - You can now request proof of Income Assistance or Long-term Disability from the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) by phone.

  • Dial 1-866-866-0800
  • Press 3 for Employment and Income Services
  • Press 4 for Other Requests
  • Ask for a Release of Information Form (SD0095)

The form can be mailed to your home or picked up at your local MSD office.

Ben Chobater
Community Development Coordinator
910 McGill Road
Kamloops, BC V2C 1H5
Ph 250-828-3582