September 15, 2016
Kamloops Celebrates Culture Days
Kamloops, B.C. – When it comes to culture, Canadians love expressing themselves!
Kamloops residents will join the rest of Canada and British Columbia in celebrating this year’s Culture Days from September 30th to October 2nd. Culture Days will feature free, hands-on, interactive activities that invite the public to participate and discover the world of artists, creators, historians, architects, curators, and designers at work in their community.
The annual, three-day national celebration features 22 free events, including the following:
The local chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists is hosting an art exhibition at the Old Courthouse, with an artist demonstrating on each of the three days from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Desert Sound Harmony will teach participants to sing a "tag" in four-part harmony on Friday evening.
- Kamloops Art Gallery and Barnacle Records are offering a Friday night hands-on art and music-making workshop.
- Kamloops Museum & Archives is offering free activities on Saturday, including: Ask the Archivist, Art of Needle Felting, and Modern Hoop Dance.
- North Kamloops Library will create a giant chain of book dominoes on Saturday afternoon.
- Chamber Musicians of Kamloops will host a blissful Saturday evening of string music by composers Haydn, Mozart, and Shostakovich at St Andrew’s on the Square, beginning at 7:30 pm.
- Kamloops Community Band has an open band rehearsal on Sunday evening. Participants can bring their own instrument and take part.
Cara Graden, Arts, Culture, and Heritage Coordinator
City of Kamloops