March 1, 2016
Discount Rain Barrel Promotion
Kamloops, B.C. -The City of Kamloops is making it a little easier for its residents to be green through the promotion of a limited-time, rain barrel pre-sale.
Through a cooperative partnership between Enviro World and the City of Kamloops, rain barrels can be purchased at a competitive price of $55 a unit. The catch? Rain barrels must be ordered online by April 15th, 2016 – visit www.kamloops.ca/rainbarrel for details.
The pre-ordered rain barrels will be bulk-shipped to Kamloops for pick up at the Green Living Expo at the Sandman Centre on Saturday, April 30th, 2016, between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
A rain barrel is used to capture and store rainwater runoff from the roof of a home. The collected water is then used to irrigate lawns and gardens, or to wash cars, etc.
Some benefits of using a rain barrel include:
- Free irrigation for your lawn or garden;
- Reduces the consumption of domestic water use;
- Reduces storm sewer runoff;
- Reduces runoff pollution to our rivers;
- Reduces the need for the City of Kamloops to treat, pump and distribute water;
- Contributes to erosion prevention efforts;
- Promotes availability of a water source in times of drought or during watering restrictions; and
- Provides an inspiring example of environmental stewardship.
Are you an organization, a group or a business that promotes sustainability? Do you provide a service, a product, or support a cause that directly relates to sustainability at home, at work, or in the community? We’re looking for quality exhibitors to partake in the Green Living Expo on April 30th, 2016. If your organization fits this profile, visit www.kamloops.ca/expo for event and application details.
Jaimi Garbutt, Sustainability Educator
City of Kamloops