March 2, 2012
Annual Heritage Achievement Awards
Kamloops, B.C. - On Saturday, February 25th, the Kamloops Heritage Commission held their 12th Annual Heritage Achievement Awards Reception at the
Rocky Mountain Rangers Armoury. Special awards and recognition plaques were presented to local homeowners, business owners and organizations that
help preserve our local heritage.
2011/2012 Heritage Achievement Awards Recipients:
- Heritage Recognition Plaque: Laurie and Rob Kitamura for their residence at 853 Pine Street;
- Heritage Recognition Plaque: Ray Chwartkowski, for "Freemont Block" at 248 Victoria Street;
- Special Achievement Award (sponsored by Ray Visser and Karl Willms): Bob Gieselman (president) on behalf of Kamloops Vintage Car Club;
- Commercial Achievement Award (sponsored by Fulton and Company): Stephen Kennell of Kennell's Shoe Store at 249 Victoria Street; and
- Centenary Plaque: Jack Marchese and Keith Bienia for the "Samuel Scott Residence" (Totem City Motors) at 189 Royal Avenue.
- 30 -
Elisabeth Duckworth, Museum Supervisor
Kamloops Museum & Archives