March 21, 2011

Evacuation at the Tournament Capital Centre

Kamloops, B.C. - Yesterday evening at approximately 8:50pm, the Tournament Capital Centre was evacuated due to a suspected gas leak. Kamloops Fire and Rescue attended the scene and determined that the leak was caused by sewer gas, and that there was no threat to the public.

The Tournament Capital Centre is currently open for regular business hours.

- 30 -

Media Contact:
Clint Andersen, Recreation Supervisor, Fitness Operations
250-828-3581
candersen@kamloops.ca