From fur trade journals to thousands of historical images of Kamloops, the Archives houses a wealth of information available to researchers. The Archives is a repository of historical manuscripts, photographs, maps, finding aids, and other documents relating to the history of Kamloops and district.
The Archives has microfilmed copies of local newspapers including the Inland Sentinel (1880-1987) and the Kamloops Daily News.
- Photographic images obtained from the Kamloops Museum & Archives (KMA) are to be used for research purposes or private study and enjoyment only. Permission for publication or commercial use must be applied for in advance in writing and the appropriate publication fee(s) paid. Permission for publication or commercial use of archival images is granted only to individuals or agencies who have obtained image copies directly from the KMA.
- The user may not reproduce the image for any other purpose than the originally stated purpose, nor permit others to reproduce by any means the image or its facsimile.
- In authorising the publication of an archival image, the KMA does not surrender its own right to publish the image or to grant permission to others to do so.
- All KMA images that are published must include a credit as to the source of the image.
- Fees quoted are for one-time use of a single image unless otherwise indicated and agreed to in writing. Fees are to be paid in advance. Any subsequent use or re-use must be applied for in writing. Use fees are charged in addition to reproduction costs when an image is to be published or used commercially.
- Please allow two (2) weeks for photo orders.
- Remote research requests will be handled on a first come first serve basis, and as time allows.
|Photocopies||$0.25/page;$0.25/page for students|
|Paper photo image||$1/ 8½ x 11; $0.50/ 8½ x 5½|
|New scanned image||$5/ image (scanned image remains property of the KMA)|
|Poster image 24" x 36" - unmounted||$40|
|Poster image 24" x 36" - foam core mounted||$55|
|Digital images (for publication purposes only)||$10/image|
|Publication and commercial one-time use fee||$25/image (includes digital file)|
|Rush order (may be available if circumstances allow)||$25 additional fee|
|Obituary search (date and name provided by requester)||$10|
|Research services||$35/per hour|
Archived Historical Articles Index provides short summaries on a variety of topics related to the history of Kamloops Cemetery Interment Search cemeteries database for Kamloops, records go back to 1900.
TNRD library for census and vital statistics (birth, death and marriage certificates) microfilm BC Archives to search for vital statistics microfilm.
Tuesday - Friday - 1:15 - 4:00 pm
Special arrangements can be made for visiting researchers based upon availability of staff at the time of request.
The Archives reading room is on the 2nd floor of the Kamloops Museum & Archives.
Kamloops Museum & Archives
207 Seymour Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2E7
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.