The following Process Map outlines our phased approach to the KAMPLAN Review and Update. The yellow boxes with the "Let's Talk" logo indicate opportunities for public and/or stakeholder input. In each phase, the City is working hard to raise awareness of the input opportunities, and will report out after each phase on what was learned. Please review and follow along as we move through the phases, and Let's Talk.
KAMPLAN Public Engagement Objectives
The City of Kamloops recognizes that some people are passionate and ready to spend hours working through issues and policy ideas, and others will participate in a limited way. The purpose of the KAMPLAN engagement strategy is to provide residents and stakeholders with the information they need to be involved in a meaningful way, and provide both deep and light opportunities for people to give input throughout the process.
The objectives for the KAMPLAN engagement strategy, which align with the City’s Corporate Public Engagement Policy, are as follows:
- Extensive and broad awareness of the project and wide range of stakeholder groups;
- Ensure all participants receive basic information to provide informed and constructive input;
- "Close the loop" through public input reports and summaries;
- Accountability and transparency by demonstrating how input is received;
- Identify and engage hard-to-reach or vocal minority audiences; and
- Opportunities for wide and diverse youth/student input.
The City will
Based on the above objectives, the City is committed to the following actions:
- Provide the public with balanced and objective information to assist them in understanding the topic, issues, alternatives, opportunities and/or solutions.
- Obtain public and stakeholder feedback on issues, alternatives and/or decisions.
- Work directly with the public and stakeholders throughout the process to ensure that public concerns and aspirations are understood and considered.
- Collaborate with the public and stakeholders to solicit input and ideas on land use scenarios.
- Provide an opportunity for the public and stakeholders to review and comment on the first draft of the OCP prior to Council reading and the public hearing.
To facilitate communication and engagement, we will use the following channels:
- Social Media
- City Website
- OCP Topic Backgrounders
- KAMPLAN Advisory Committee
- OCPizza Night Workbooks
- Community Presentations (i.e., Roadshow Events and Open Houses)
- Stakeholder Group
Planning and Development
105 Seymour Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2C6
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.