Let's Ta!k Phase 3
In Phase 3, following a technical and legal review, the draft OCP was released. City staff asked two key questions in Phase 3:
- What are the potential challenges and opportunities if we achieve the goals in the OCP?
- What other ideas do you have that you think the City may want to consider?
- 3 KAMPLAN Cafés: roundtable discussions on the 10 topic areas within the OCP attended by over 100 residents
- 3 information booths during community and stakeholder events
- online survey completed by 150+ residents
- Community to Community Forums with Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc
- 1 open house with Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc at Moccasin Square Gardens
- 11 stakeholder meetings
View the Phase 3 Community Engagement Summary Report below to see the key themes and results that emerged during these engagement activities!
Community Engagement Report
The results of Let's Ta!k Phase 3, identifying the engagement opportunities, the resulting key themes and the individuals who participated.
» Engagement Report
Throughout each phase of the KAMPLAN Review and Update process, City staff have engaged youth on the OCP in creative ways. In Phase 3, City staff facilitated a discussion on the OCP with a group of Grade 10 students at NorKam Secondary. The students developed surveys with questions related to the OCP's topic areas, circulated the surveys through social media, and gathered responses from other high school and university students. Working in groups, the students summarized the data and shared key themes with their peers and City staff.
Using these key themes, the students then developed stories and skits that creatively showcased what they hoped to see in Kamloops in terms of transportation, parks, recreational opportunities, and more. The students performed their stories and skits to City staff and to students from A.E. Perry Elementary School.
Stories developed by NorKam students for the "Youth Storytelling" event, may be viewed here.
Planning and Development
105 Seymour Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2C6
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.