Public engagement activities for Phase 2 have now concluded! In Phase 2, the focus was on two potential land use scenarios to accommodate population growth over the next 20 years, and draft goals and policy directions under KAMPLAN’s 10 topic areas: land use and development; environment; infrastructure; transportation; housing; parks, recreation, and open space; economic development; arts and culture; community well-being; and health and safety. To get input, the following activities were held:
- 20 self-facilitated community "OCPizza Nights"
- 3 Roadshow events at area malls and the Farmers’ Market
- 17 formal group meetings
- 2 youth engagement sessions
- ...and more!
We shared the following materials:
- A draft Community Vision Statement and set of key Community Values;
- An OCPizza Night Discussion Guide featuring the vision and values, the two potential land use scenarios, and policy directions under the 10 OCP topic areas; and
- Informative and interactive KAMPLAN Roadshow boards featuring the above materials.
Right now we are gathering all of the feedback and input provided in Phase 2, drawing out key themes and recommendations, and developing policies. We’ll release a Phase 2 Public Input Report in August and will aim to have a first draft of the updated KAMPLAN for public review by late fall.
Planning and Development
105 Seymour Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2C6
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.