Public engagement activities for Phase 2 have now concluded! In Phase 2, the focus was on two potential land use scenarios to accommodate population growth over the next 20 years, and draft goals and policy directions under KAMPLAN’s 10 topic areas: land use and development; environment; infrastructure; transportation; housing; parks, recreation, and open space; economic development; arts and culture; community well-being; and health and safety. To get input, the following activities were held:
- 20 self-facilitated community "OCPizza Nights"
- 3 Roadshow events at area malls and the Farmers’ Market
- 17 formal group meetings
- 2 youth engagement sessions
- ...and more!
We shared the following materials:
- A draft Community Vision Statement and set of key Community Values;
- An OCPizza Night Discussion Guide featuring the vision and values, the two potential land use scenarios, and policy directions under the 10 OCP topic areas; and
- Informative and interactive KAMPLAN Roadshow boards featuring the above materials.
The Phase 2 Public Input Report has been released and is available for viewing here. City staff are using the feedback provided to update existing policies and develop new ones. The 1st draft of the new KAMPLAN will undergo a technical, legal and financial review this fall before being released for public review over the winter, with open houses and an online questionnaire used to gather input. Stay tuned!
Planning and Development
105 Seymour Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2C6
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.