Public engagement activities for Phase 2 have begun! In Phase 2, it’s time to look at two potential land use scenarios to accommodate population growth in Kamloops over the next 20 years. We are also seeking feedback on draft goals and policy directions under KAMPLAN’s 10 topic areas: land use and development; environment; infrastructure; transportation; housing; parks, recreation, and open space; economic development; arts and culture; community well-being; and health and safety.
Check out the following opportunities to participate and provide input:
The City will be hosting 3 KAMPLAN Roadshow events as part of Phase 2 of the KAMPLAN Review and Update process. These events will feature:
- Interactive displays and information booths on the land use scenarios and 10 OCP topic areas;
- City staff on hand to chat with and discuss the process;
- Art created by South Kamloops Secondary School students, inspired by the 10 OCP topic areas and the direction our community may be headed in the next 20 years; and
- Live music by Johnson Sandwich at the Northills and Aberdeen Mall events.
- Saturday June 4, 11:00am - 2:00pm - Northills Mall (by Extra Foods entrance)
- Saturday June 11, 8:00am - Noon - Downtown Farmers' Market
- Saturday June 18, 11:00am - 2:00pm - Aberdeen Mall (Centre Court)
OCPizza Nights are self-facilitated "meetings-in-a-box." Participating groups receive training, materials, and pizza vouchers to conduct their own public consultation session on (a) the two draft land use scenarios, and (b) the draft goals and policy directions under the OCP topic area of their choice, and then send the results back to the City for analysis and review.
Who are OCPizza Nights appropriate for?
Neighbourhood associations, community-based organizations, service clubs, community committees, task forces, policy councils, advisory boards, and more!
When can we hold our OCPizza Night?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your group’s name and the approximate number of members who will be participating. City staff will be in touch to set up a time to go over the materials within the OCPizza Box and get you ready to hold a successful OCPizza Night.
Interested groups can hold their meeting at any point prior to June 27. All results must be submitted to the City by June 27 in order to be used as input in the KAMPLAN Review and Update.
Planning and Development
105 Seymour Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2C6
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.