Notice to Motorists
West Victoria Street under Overlanders Bridge
Starting October 10, 2017
Starting October 10, please be advised that crews will be performing regular maintenance underneath the south end of Overlanders Bridge. Motorists should not expect significant impacts to traffic, but are asked to drive carefully in the vicinity of the work for the safety of crews.
Traffic, Pedestrian, and On-Street Parking Restrictions
Daily News Building Demolition
August 21 - October 31, 2017
In order to safely complete the building demolition, the following restrictions will be in place:
- on-street parking will be unavailable on the south side of Seymour Street between 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue
- on-street parking will be unavailable on the west side of 4th Avenue between Seymour Street and St. Paul Street
- there will be no right turns allowed from Seymour Street to 4th Avenue
- the sidewalk will be closed in the immediate vicinity of the building, and signage will be posted at the previous intersections to allow pedestrians to cross the street at crosswalks
- the bus stop currently located on the west side of 4th Avenue adjacent to the former Kamloops Daily News Building will be temporarily relocated further south on 4th Avenue
New Traffic Signal
Westsyde Road at Grasslands Boulevard
Motorists are advised that a new Traffc Signal has been installed at the intersection of Westsyde Road and Grasslands Boulevard.
The Signal is scheduled to be put into operation during October 2017.
Motorists are asked to please use caution when approaching and driving through this area.
Contact Traffic and Transportation at 250-828-3453
#kammute - your Twitter source for local traffic news.
Report an Issue
Public Works and Utilities
955 Concordia Way
Kamloops BC V2C 6V3
ph 250-828 3461
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.