Your Twitter source for local traffic news.
Notre Dame Drive Road Rehabilitation Project
- Week of May 23
- Crews will be doing sidewalk restoration work (concrete removal and pours); pedestrian traffic will be accommodated.
- Crews will also be doing manhole and catch basin work in preparation for road paving which will take place the week of May 30.
- During construction a minimum of two lanes of traffic (one each direction) on Notre Dame Drive will be kept open.
- Driveway accesses on Notre Dame Drive will be maintained.
- Pedestrian traffic will be accommodated during construction with safe walking facilities.
- Transit service will be maintained.
- Throughout the project, the majority of the work will take place during the week day, with some night work and weekend work also anticipated.
- Hours of work will be 7:00 am - 4:00 pm in both the eastbound and westbound lanes. Any night work hours will be 7:00 pm - 7:00 am.
Tumbleweed Bridge Rehabilitation Project
(aka Lafarge Bridge)
- Week of May 23
- Crews will begin rehabilitation of the bridge piers and deck soffits.
- Temporary traffic lights haven been installed at both ends of the bridge for single lane alternating traffic.
- Construction is scheduled to occur Monday to Thursday between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, and Friday between the hours of 7:00 am and 1:00 pm, with extended hours of operation as required.
- On weekends traffic conditions will return to normal two way traffic (traffic lights will be disengaged and barriers removed).
Southern Interior Web Cams
» Drive BC Web Site
Report an Issue
Public Works and Utilities
955 Concordia Way
Kamloops BC V2C 6V3
ph 250-828 3461
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.