Road crews will be patching in the following areas between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. Please expect delays.
East end, near Highland Road
September 5-15, 2017
West end, near Comazzetto Road
September 11-15, 2017
Traffic, Pedestrian, and On-Street Parking Restrictions
Daily News Building Demolition
August 21 - October 31, 2017
In order to safely complete the building demolition, the following restrictions will be in place:
- on-street parking will be unavailable on the south side of Seymour Street between 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue
- on-street parking will be unavailable on the west side of 4th Avenue between Seymour Street and St. Paul Street
- there will be no right turns allowed from Seymour Street to 4th Avenue
- the sidewalk will be closed in the immediate vicinity of the building, and signage will be posted at the previous intersections to allow pedestrians to cross the street at crosswalks
- the bus stop currently located on the west side of 4th Avenue adjacent to the former Kamloops Daily News Building will be temporarily relocated further south on 4th Avenue
Traffic Signal Installation
Westsyde Road at Grasslands Boulevard
August - September 2017
Installation of the new traffic signals on Westsyde Road at Grasslands Boulevard will begin the week of July 31, 2017 as part of the Grasslands Boulevard Road Improvement project. The majority of the work will take place during the day from Monday to Friday, with the possibility of some evening and weekend work. Anticipated hours of work will be 7:00 am-4:00 pm.
Traffic disruptions can be expected at the intersection of Grasslands Boulevard and Westsyde Road. Please obey all traffic control personnel and equipment when in the vicinity of the construction.
The signals are expected to be put into operation during the month of September 2017.
#kammute - your Twitter source for local traffic news.
Report an Issue
Public Works and Utilities
955 Concordia Way
Kamloops BC V2C 6V3
ph 250-828 3461
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.