The Engineering Division is responsible for long-term and short-term planning for extension and upgrading of our municipal infrastructure. Municipal infrastructure includes the water distribution network, sanitary sewer system, storm sewer system, drainage ditches and dikes, roads and streets, and public walkways and paths.
The Division structure includes the Engineering Manager, a Design and Drainage Engineer, a Utilities Engineer, an Assistant Utilities Engineer, a Design Technician and four draft persons.
- To expand and upgrade infrastructure to accommodate population growth, while ensuring the reliability of the works and protecting public safety and the environment.
- To carry out detailed design for the installation of efficient, cost-effective and enduring infrastructure.
- To coordinate and inspect the construction of new and upgraded works in the municipal infrastructure designed by Consultants.
- To provide engineering input on applications for subdivision and development received by the Planning and Development Division.
- To maintain plans of infrastructure works as well as data and technical reports on infrastructure components.
- To act as a liaison with other levels of government and with the community on engineering issues.
105 Seymour Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2C6
ph (250) 828-3304
fx (250) 828-3848
Note: All correspondence is entered into our system and will be directed accordingly. The City of Kamloops will endeavor to contact you within two business days. Thank you.