Disputing Tickets

Disputing Tickets

Disputing a violation

If you have received a parking violation notice, you have several dispute options available to pursue:

  • Dispute the notice at City hall in person.
  • Dispute by mailing the notice or dispute to City Hall.

How to file a dispute

If you wish to dispute any violation issued to you for a Bylaw infraction you should write out your dispute and deliver or mail it to the City of Kamloops, attention Bylaw Services, or you may come to city hall and fill out the dispute form with the assistance of the Bylaw Clerk.

What happens after filing a dispute

Providing all the information on the dispute form is correct the City of Kamloops will contact you by letter or summons depending on the type of violation. The information will advise you of your court date , the time and location of the court house.

Bylaw Enforcement
City of Kamloops
6 Seymour Street West
Kamloops, BC V2C 1E1

Downtown Parking, Court Inquiries: 250-828-3407
Other Inquiries (24/7): P: 250-828-3409 F: 250-828-3609
E: bylaws@kamloops.ca

Note: All correspondence is entered into our system, and will be dealt with in due process; we strive to answer all replies within 24 hours. Thank you.